God Has a Better Plan
Is God Messing with Your Plans?
It’s been sixteen months since we transitioned from life in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to life in Barcelona, Spain. We have followed God’s call on our lives carrying big dreams and big ideas with big faith. We knew God had called us, we were committed to following Him, and we took that step and you, our partners, have stood by our side … we cannot thank you enough for reaching with us!
We plunged into a life that demanded subtraction… the subtraction of family, friends, comfort, influence, ministry systems, cultural context, and even language. This has not been easy. Though we knew the challenge was coming, we did not realize how demanding it would be. And in this season of transition, here’s what we discovered …
God would use subtraction for addition; that reduction in our lives would actually make more room for Him. This is not our way, but it was and is His, and it is BEAUTIFUL.
God Has a Better Plan!
In a message Mark shared at the International Church of Barcelona in March, we looked at Gideon’s example from Judges 7 and found that if you are going through a season of reduction, maybe God is setting you up for something that you could have never achieved on your own. It may be reduction in your work life, in your family, in your health, with friends, or even in ministry. And if you are like us, take courage, you too can trust Him!
Spring Ministry Highlights
Pictured right to left, top to bottom: Pictured with some of our couple community group. Every week we eat together, pray together, play together, support each other, and serve together. Our vision is that our marriages would be a vibrant light for Christ in our world. Annual Assemblies of God National Congress in February. These are incredible leaders that love God and love Spain. BASIC – Seekers/New Believers class. We minister here every Sunday and the conversations are amazing. Many who come have never touched a Bible, let alone read it or talked about it. We also serve every Sunday at the International Church of Barcelona ministering to children, youth, and adults
International Church Plant … Malaga, Spain
In December of 2018, we received notice from our Europe leadership that a door to plant an International Church in Malaga, Spain has opened to us. This was our initial request, believing God was directing us to the people of that city. At the time of our acceptance into the amazing AGWM missions organization, we were asked to lay down that desire and instead be a part of a church planting effort in Catalonia, we said yes to this, though our hearts were still being pulled to plant a church in Malaga and now God has opened the door for us to go to Malaga. This Andalusian city numbers 500,000+ people with a greater metro area of 1.5 million. There is only one Spanish Assembly of God church and a handful of evangelical churches.
We’re excited to be a part of the church reaching this city. It’s evident to us that God’s hand has been in all of this. He has had a Better Plan for us. Please join with us in praying for this beautiful city and the wonderful people who live there.
Mark’s parents brought him to Malaga 28 years ago and God planted some “seeds” in his soul that have propelled us to where we are today. In March, they came again, but this time to pray with us and to catch the vision God is painting in our minds… a “full circle” moment.
We Need Your Prayers … Here’s How:
1. For Jesus to be lifted high in Malaga, Spain. For existing churches to be encouraged, new churches to be started, and a movement of people to trust Christ.
2. For the new International Church plant in Malaga. For people we have connected with there, for God’s timing, and for the necessary resources.
3. For God to call people to come be a part of the church plant team. If you are interested or you know some one who may be interested in being a part of the team please contact us at our email: Mark@McKinstrysInSpain.org
4. For friends in Barcelona that haven’t trusted Christ. We are so grateful for these friends and for their love for us. We love them dearly and they are forever friends!
5. For our finances. Thank God with us for His amazing provision through the many generous churches, businesses, and individuals that partner with us. Please pray that we will continue to see every need met.
6. For our children. Our oldest, Ashley, is heading to Kansas City University (MO) to start medical school in July. Our youngest, Allie, is graduating from Concordia University-Wisconsin in May, is looking for full time employment, and will be getting married to Joey, a fantastic young man, in November. We are so proud of all of them!
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective (James 5:16).